Many people in the Middle East light candles for aromatic or decorative purposes, but most of these candles are made from paraffin wax. Unfortunately, most people using these candles are unaware that when lit, they release into the air toluene and benzene — two dangerous carcinogens, or cancer-causing agents.
Soy wax is a vegetable wax derived from soybean oil and a perfect alternative to paraffin wax based candles. After the soybeans are harvested, they are cleaned, cracked, de-hulled and rolled into flakes. The soy oil is then extracted from the flakes and hydrogenated. The hydrogenation process alters the melting point of the oil, making it a waxy solid at room temperatures.
Although in Kuwait there are several home décor and fragrance outlets, very few offer 100 percent pure soy candles. It is true that soy wax is not as cheap as paraffin but if you weigh the many benefits of soy candle and consider the negatives of paraffin candles then paying more for soy candles makes sense.
Asoy as a concept was started by Mary Abraham from Australia, who fell in love with soy candles, began asoy as a concept. She spread her passion for soy candles to her friend Sweta Lea. and together the two ladies launched asoykuwait with the firm belief that the natural aroma and healthy air of soy candles were a better option to paraffin wax candles.
Asoykuwait is all about giving Kuwait an unforgettable ambrosial experience with soy candles being sold by the firm infused with essential oils. The wax is 100 percent soy, which makes it environmentally friendly, sustainable and all natural.
Some of the benefits of soy candle include:
- Soy wax is made from soybean. It is a hydrogenated vegetable oil that turns solid at room temperature. It is a natural product.
- Unlike paraffin candles made from petroleum producing heat and soot when lit, soy candles do not produce soot and burns cooler, which means that you can enjoy your soy wax candle for much longer than a paraffin candles.
- Soy wax is non-toxic and does not release harmful by-products into the air.
- Soy wax has low melting point , which means that if you accidentally spill wax on your body, you will not burn your skin.
- Soy wax is biodegradable and cleans up with plain old soap and water.
asoykuwait offers a variety of scented soy candles and can produce customized candles for all occasions and events.
asoycandles are currently available in Australia, Kuwait, India and will soon be available in Dubai and Qatar.
Instagram/Facebook account – asoykuwait
WhatsApp – 98764304